We have a fantastic opportunity at The Victoria Inn in Threemilestone for a Chef. Playing a key role in a large kitchen team and its daily operations.
You will be working alongside the Head Chef & Second Chef to develop the traditional pub menu, specials and a daily carvery. Delivering all offerings with consistency, speed and to a high standard.
You will be mentoring a team of four Chef De Partie, planning dishes with them each week with a drive to developing and improving each of their skill levels. Monitoring wastage and calculating department GP on a weekly basis is a key element to this position.
Bonuses will apply for progress made.
This role is full time consisting of 42 hours a week.
A similar position is also available our premises in Roche, St Austell.
For this position you need to:-
- Be someone capable of creating and delivering high quality pub dishes.
- Lead and motivate a small team in the absence of the head chef.
- Create and cost your own dishes and execute a daily plan.
- Source goods, place orders and rotate stock.
- Keen to train others and lead by example.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and compliance with hygiene regulations are me.
- To maintain a high level of customer service and relations.
- Be able to work split shifts that include evenings and weekends.
- Limit wastage and maintain a good GP level.
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Able to communicate effectively with the head chefs, managers & directors.
- Be passionate about food standards & presentation.
- Catering Experience : 2 years
- Min L2 Catering or equivalent
Apply now to:
- Enjoy a challenge
- Be rewarded for success
- Have good support and backing
- Receive a competitive wage
The Company: Inn Cornwall Limited is a Cornish based hospitality business with an aim to deliver excellent service in a safe and friendly environment across our venues. We strive to provide a quality product of reasonable value that meets expectations.
Vision: Our commitment is to continually improve all aspects of our business with a core value to invest & develop our staff enabling them to achieve their individual personal goals.
Mission: We are here to make you feel welcome, comfortable & satisfied by your every experience. This is a full-time position with excellent career opportunity in a business that trade is high all year round.
Justin & Mark took over The Victoria Inn in 2010. Since then the business has grown significantly & modernized into a versatile operation. They like to invest in their employees and have been awarded South West Training Pub of the year for two consecutive years and prior to that Marketing & Innovation Pub of the year. Winners of the SAB South-west customer service pub of the year 2017 which includes dedication to training.
They bring over 20 years of local knowledge and trading experience. They have developed a strong team both front of house and in the kitchen that deliver a consistent product. They are constantly looking for new opportunities to either improve or expand the business.
Apply for Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly