Are you an experienced Construction or Building professional, looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and are one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Yard Operative to join our team in Bonnyrigg, working 45 hours a week, Mon - Fri and every third Saturday
Yard Operative responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Transfer Station and surrounding area in a clean and safe condition by regular sweeping, washing bins and litter picking.
- Assisting in the day to day operations of the plant.
- Sorting and separating waste types to ensure plant performance is at its highest.
- Assisting in the day to day glass processing to achieve set schedule.
- Controlling traffic entering and exiting the Transfer Station by radio communication with machine operators.
- Ensuring that the correct Personal Protective Equipment, as provided by the Company, is worn at all times.
- Working closely with machine operators and Transfer Station Team Leader to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
- Required to work outside in inclement weather at times.
- Co-ordinating the receipt and deposition of all incoming wastes and other products into the bay.
- Co-ordinating the processing and handling of wastes in the bay in efficiently.
- Co-ordinating the loading and onward transmission of wastes and other products.
- Liaising with Weighbridge/ Team Leader to ensure that all incoming vehicles are directed to the correct tipping area.
- Ensuring the site is kept clean and tidy at all times and all litter is collected as appropriate.
- Adhering to health and safety regulations at all times.
The ideal Yard Operative:
To be successful for this role, you will need to have a general knowledge of the Waste Industry and related operations. You will also need:
- Good communication skills (verbal)
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Basic Health and Safety skills
- Basic level of numeracy ad literacy.
In return for this Yard Operative position, we can offer a basic salary of £20,540 and an attractive benefits package, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a Company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Yard Operative then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date - 10th April 2017 No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.