Cook-Mid Cornwall- Nursing Home
4 days left
- Full Time
Cook opportunity for a small Nursing Home in Mid Cornwall.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small family run care home as one of the team of cooks to manage the kitchen which currently provides nourishing and wholesome meals to their 32 residents.
- Help assist to Write menus, and prepare meals in a timely manner
- Be able to work 36 hours a week- Early shifts- 8am-4pm or Late Shifts- 11am-7pm, with every other weekend off but flexibility is needed
- Keep the kitchen clean and tidy in accordance to food Hygiene Standards and regulations
- Help Manage the kitchen staff rota
- Ensure all temperature records of deliveries and fridge/freezers are kept up to date
- Work with given budgets, and work with the manager to ensure stock controls are managed with minimum wastage
- Report to the home’s manager, and ensure constant communication on rotas, annual leave, and any other relevant issues as needed
- Basic Food and Hygiene certificate
- Previous budget management experience
- Have strong communication skills
- Will be a team player, who will be able to work well and together under pressure
- Will ideally have experience working in care homes, though not this is not a requirement
- Will either already have a DBS, or will be happy to undergo a DBS check
To find out more, please send your cv in the first instance. Offering a competitive hourly rate of £8 per hour and other associated benefits
The position is full time and permanent and ideally the right cook candidate can start on April 19th 2017.
To find out more, please send your cv in the first instance.
Apply for Cook-Mid Cornwall- Nursing Home
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly