Sous Chef - North Cornwall - 2 AA Rosettes
Excellent career move for an ambitious Junior Sous Chef/ Sous Chef looking to join an establishment well-known for its training and development as well as it's stunning views across this fantastically located beach.
This position is based on one of North Cornwall's most scenic beaches- a thriving, busy 2 AA Rosette restaurant that is going from strength to strength.
We are looking for a confident Sous Chef who can hold their own on a section and consistently cook to a high standard. You will be working with excellent quality ingredients creating stunning seasonal dishes within this busy 80-100 cover modern, fine dining environment. Due to the busy nature of the role you will need to be organised, happy working under-pressure and great at working in a team.
As the Sous chef you would be required to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen and all operations within in absence of the head chef. You will also be in charge with ensuring the training and support is there for the lower ranking chefs and they are keeping up with the standards set both in the ways of health and hygiene and quality.
- You will ideally have at least 2 years previous experience within a similar role and at the same level.
- You will be able to cope with working in a high pressure environment
- You will have excellent knowledge of seasonal foods and dishes
- You will have exceptional communication skills and be able to show authority
- You will be a team player and work effectively as part of a team
- You will have a genuine love of food and a good imagination and flair for menu creation
This is a permanent position and we are ideally looking for candidates who would be immediately available to start. This role will involve straight shifts.
The position is full time, perm and is an immediate start for the right candidate.
If you believe you would be a suitable candidates for this possible please send your CV for consideration to Alex at Cornwall Staff Agency.