We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Hotel General manager for a 4* Hotel based in Cornwall. Fantastic, long-term career opportunities in a wonderful working environment!
Role and Responsibilities:
As you would expect this will be a highly-varied role and will differ day-to-day. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking complete control of the day-to-day operation of the Hotel and management of all departments.
Policies and procedures will be put in place and monitored regularly to ensure the highest standards of guest satisfaction are achieved consistently. The general manager will take responsibility for the profitability of the hotel and will ensure budgets and targets are constantly achieved or exceeded.
People-management will be a key responsibility in this role, the successful candidate will manage all departments to ensure staff are motivated, appropriately trained and constantly working to company standards.
Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to…
- Hold regular HOD meetings
- Ensure suitable checklists are being utilized
- Anticipate guest needs
- Effectively manage and respond to guest feedback
- Cost control throughout all departments
- Ensure security throughout the property
- Ensure company Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Food Safety and COSHH Legislation is adhered to
- Assist with the formulation of the budget
- Support all departments throughout the hotel
- Business development
- Ensure revenue targets are achieved or exceeded
- Organize inspections and maintenance of the property
Candidate Specification: For this position, we are seeking applications for candidates with extensive previous experience in luxury hotel management. Additionally, candidates should be able to demonstrate…
- Financial awareness
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent understanding of the hotel and leisure industry
- Business development skills
- The ability to develop excellent working relationships
- Good level of computer literacy
If you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this position and would be interested in finding out more please submit your CV today.