OPE001A7 Journal Manager
Are you a high-energy person who enjoys working in a fast moving international environment? And are you eager to develop and deliver a portfolio of Journals for a vibrant publishing division? Then this is your opportunity!
Within Elsevier’s Science, Technology and Medical Journals (STMJ) we publish around 2200 different journals, and this process is supported by the Journal Management Team who help our customers to submit and build our content. We are now looking for a number of Project Coordinators to sit in this team due to an increase in work. You will manage the end to end process for a specific Journal portfolio which would include the submission of the manuscripts, the peer review all the way through to the publication of the articles either in print or electronic formats.
As you will be working with stakeholders around the world, you should have excellent communication skills. You are confident, not afraid to manage expectations and providing your stakeholders with reliable advice. You should be possessing strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize your workload. You will be part of a Journal Management Team based in our Exeter Office.
Are you ready to apply?
- Develop and deliver content for a dedicated portfolio of Journals.
- To deliver editorial (pre-acceptance) services to Editors, Authors and Reviewers according to the Service Level set per journal and specific needs of journals or Editor/Author/Reviewer communities.
- To provide written and verbal reports/feedback on journal performance. To notify Journals Production management, Publishing and Editors of problems and/or delays in the Editorial review process and/or Production process.
- Ensure that all submission and peer review processes are adhered to.
- Ensure that the Journal is delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop and suggest improvements to the overall process where necessary.
- Build strong relations with the internal teams around you.
- To professionally represent Elsevier in all dealings with journal scientific communities. To focus on continued improvement in the service that Elsevier provides to the journal scientific communities.
What you should bring
- Degree preferable but a minimum of 3 A Levels depending on level of experience.
- Experience in a Customer focused or Project Coordinator position
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- Fluent English speaker
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to prioritise; decisiveness; cost awareness; problem solving
- Strong customer focus and service orientation balanced with attention to company interests
- Strategic outlook
- Preferably knowledge regarding the scientific publication process
- Strong relationship management skills
- Basic IT awareness and skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word; Adobe an advantage)
- Experience of working in complex international organisations strongly preferred
Interviews will take place w/c 26th June 2017
Click to apply