Ambulance Care Assistant
Permanent Ambulance Driver (Patient Transport Service – PTS)
E-zec is a private ambulance company that provides a Patient Transport Service on behalf of the NHS and other private companies. Working as an Ambulance Driver you will transport, locally and nationally, people with physical and/ or psychological disabilities, elderly and other vulnerable individuals to and from outpatient clinics and routine hospital admissions. We also transfer non-urgent and higher dependency patients.
You will provide patients with safe, comfortable and on time transfers and a friendly smile with an encouraging approach you will make a real difference to the patients that you help, giving them a much-needed boost before or after their appointment.
Due to continued expansion, E-zec Medical Transport Services are now looking to recruit a number of Permanent Ambulance Drivers to be based in the ‘Redruth/Bodmin/Saltash areas of Cornwall.
As a permanent Ambulance Driver you will be required to work an average of 42.5 hours per week on a variable shift pattern spread over a flexible 7 day rota, 365 days a year. You will have a 30 minute paid break, with 28 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays).
Other duties will include (following training);
- Administering basic first aid and oxygen as required during the course of work
- Completing all necessary vehicle and journey documentation
- Ensuring that the home environment is adequately secured after the departure of the patient and upon their return
- Report facts concerning accidents or incidents to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials
- Earn and maintain appropriate certifications and medical certificates
- Ensure the vehicle and associated equipment is in a safe and clean condition at all times, reporting any defects to the appropriate manager
The ideal Candidate will be;
- A careful and considerate driver.
- Have an understanding of patients' abilities (conditions/ limitations)
- Have good people skills with a polite and friendly manner
- Be physically fit, as you will be required to move patients
- Have a good knowledge of the local and surrounding areas within a 50 mile radius (although journeys to all parts of mainland UK may be required)
- A full driving licence (no more than 3 points)
- Drivers must have held a Full Driving Licence for at least 2 years
- An enhanced disclosure check is required (DBS/CRB). This cost will be covered by the business
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 references
In return for your hard work;
- £ Competitive
- Pension scheme
- Free uniform
- Training & development
Please email your CV to email@example.com