Business Finance Specialist
We have a new exciting opportunity! At Oxford Innovation Services we are currently looking for a Business Finance Specialist to join our team based in Redruth. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary of circa £45,000 per annum plus benefits.
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) is a commercial organisation recognised as market leading specialists in SME business growth support and development. Now firmly established as a key provider of business coaching to high growth businesses in the Duchy, we will be launching the ERDF funded Financial Readiness Project - FRP in January 2017, and are now recruiting Finance Specialists Mentors, reporting to the Delivery Manager.
About the Business Finance Specialist role
The aim of the role will be to mentor Cornwall & Isles of Scilly based start-up businesses and established SMEs to develop commercially credible funding raises in order to achieve accelerated growth, improved performance and productivity and the creation of high value jobs.
Key Responsibilities of the Business Finance Specialist
- Develop close working relationships with internal and external delivery partners, quickly understanding their key challenges and opportunities, working with them to achieve programme outputs.
- Follow up assigned referrals and conduct an initial assessment of the client's suitability for the programme
- Recognise the client's financial challenges and opportunities in order to mentor them to understand their finance needs and to identify the most commercially advantageous routes to success.
- Carry out regular meetings with the client to support the implementation of the agreed financial readiness plans, reviewing actions, developing and agreeing next steps to ensure best chances of success.
- Work alongside funders, including but not limited to: Banks, Grant Agencies, Angel networks, Crowd Funds and VC's to present client businesses in the best position to embark upon successful funding campaigns
- Deliver workshops in partnership with professional services partners covering all aspects of finance raises
- Embrace and promote a culture of continuous improvement and innovation in client delivery and team performance
- Promote the value of investment in high quality legal and accountancy advice from our framework suppliers and accredited NED's
The successful candidate will be mindful of the funding challenges facing SME's. They will be able to demonstrate their experience and understanding of the different sources of SME finance and how to overcome the challenges of accessing finance through provision of high quality investment-readiness support. They will be a valuable team member providing skills and support and working closely with OIS colleagues to deliver the FRP programme to the highest industry standards.
What we're looking for in our Business Finance Specialist
- Strong interpersonal skills, business/finance experience relevant to and appropriate for SME's.
- Have well developed analytical skills, and a good understanding of typical SME financial growth challenges and how they are overcome.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Your financial skills should include a sound understanding of different types of suitable finance, small business accounting, and business planning/growth expertise, in order to support clients to become investment ready.
- Ideally you will have experience of working as a Finance Manager/Director or working with Finance Managers/Directors.
- Experience in raising Angel Investment, Venture Capital and multiple sources of debt/alternative finance would be a particularly desirable advantage for this role.
- Be confident and articulate and you will quickly win the trust and respect of our clients.
- Able to present effectively to small groups as well as give confidential advice in 1:1 settings.
If you would like to join our team as our new Business Finance Specialist then please click ‘apply' today, we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 30th July 2017
Interviews will be held w/c 14th August
This role is funded by the European Union
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.