Returning Social Worker
Returning Social Worker
£20,727 - £24,964
37 hours per week
In Cornwall we value the contribution that experienced social workers can offer to both individuals and families in need of services, and to team members. We have developed a supportive employment opportunity specifically targeted at those who are able to evidence experience in social work roles but whose Health and Care Professions Council' (HCPC) registration has lapsed following a career break in excess of two years.
As a returning Social Worker you will be placed in a social work team, line managed and supervised by the team manager and allocated a practice educator who will work with you, encouraging you to reflect on and learn from your experience and make links between theory and practice.
The opportunities provided to you will be based on the learning needs and strengths identified in your action plan and your progress will be monitored and reviewed.
We are looking to recruit to both Adult Care and Support (ACS) and Children and Family Services (CFS).
Our commitment to returners:
- A return to practice interview
- A temporary contract (up to six months at H grade) to undertake a study and practice placement, incorporating 30-60 days 'supervised practice' as required for registration to practice (HCPC 2012)
- A tailored learning and support plan
- Support from a practice educator
- Tailored support to match any other identified needs
- Induction to the service
- Access to the core curriculum in line with your identified learning plan
- Opportunities to evidence your professional capabilities in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework (BASW 2015)
- Transparent appraisal and feedback that includes 2 direct observations of practice, one of which will be by a practice educator
- A written assessment at the end of the placement
- Support to achieve the requirements and confirm registration with the HCPC
- For successful returners, an opportunity to be confirmed to a permanent social work post at the end of the agreed period
- Progression panel to confirm pay scale on completion of temporary contract
- Access to the bridging module as a gateway to post qualifying learning.
This position will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please contact either Rebecca Burden, Principal Adult Social Worker, regarding roles in Adult Care & Support tel: 01872 327000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Tracey Davey, Principal Social Worker, regarding roles in Child and Family Services email@example.com.
To apply, please visit www.cornwall.gov.uk/careers
Closing Date: 24th September 2017
Interview Date: 13th October 2017
To apply for this role, please click apply.
Cornwall Council is committed to safeguarding and is an equal opportunities employer.